What is solar cell efficiency?
Why is solar energy efficiency test important?
1. Determine Energy Output
- Solar panel efficiency test uses a photovoltaic system (the conversion of light into electricity). This is usually combined with latitude and climate to determine the energy output of your solar panel.
- An industry-certified electrician can easily estimate the amount of energy your system will produce in a full year. For example, a Standard Test Condition for a solar panel with 20% energy efficiency and an area of 1m² will produce 200W of energy.
- After this is done, you can discuss with your electrician to balance the energy output with your energy usage to find the optimal solar power system set up.
2. Ascertain Solar Panel Size
- By performing an energy efficiency test before the solar panel installation, size of solar panels can be estimated to ensure there is enough space prior to the actual installation process.
3. Help Select the Correct Cooling Mechanism
- In installing solar power systems, you will also be installing solar panels cooling mechanism. Prevailing climatic conditions can affect the performance and output of your solar system - for example, extreme temperatures can cause the panels to overheat.
- Energy efficiency test will help determine the cooling mechanism that your solar panel needs to function properly. It will also determine whether your panel should be installed a few inches off the surface to give a flow of cool air.
4. Determine Solar Panels Positioning
- The position, pitch and tilt of your solar panels greatly affect its efficiency as most solar panels are mounted on roofs. Experienced electricians will have no problem in figuring the right positioning of your solar panels.
Save Power, Save Money and Save the Environment.
Call 07 3273 1858 or
If you are looking for commercial/industrial solar panel and solar system services, we have a dedicated team of experienced Master Electricians with Accredited Solar Installer License that will assist you in accordance with your requirements.