Need a split system air conditioner installed?
Living in Queensland’s tropical climate, air conditioning is highly popular in ensuring a cool and comfortable living environment.
Algester Electrical is a Master Electrician with over 30 years of experience in electrical contracting. Our highly trained and licenced electricians can help you with all your electrical needs. We will discuss which system will best suit your needs, home and budget.
The split system air conditioner is the second most popular due to its cheaper initial outlay. These units are usually reverse cycle, which means they are heat and cool capabilities. This makes it the most cost-effective forms of heating available. Split systems are ideal for smaller areas and have the outdoor unit position closely.
The Split system air conditioner
- 2 units. Indoor air handling unit & outdoor compressor unit.
- Quiet and easy to use.
- Energy efficient.
- Great for small areas. eg. Townhouses.
- Reverse cycle capabilities.
Ducted Air Conditioning Systems
Ducted air conditioning units systems are centrally controlled, enabling an even distribution of cool or warm air around your property. Some factors to consider for choosing a ducted system:
- Your building should have enough space for the piping of the ducted system.
- Making sure your ducted system has the ability to switch on or off certain unused areas, also known as a 'zoned' system.
- Consider having a reverse cycle ducted system - to avoid the hassle of having to purchase a separate system for heating during winter.
Servicing and Maintenance of your air conditioning system
Keeping a healthy and working air conditioning unit is vital to the longevity of the system. Homeowners can do general cleaning of the unit filters inside the unit. It will also need other items checked occasionally.
The refrigerating levels, cooling coils, condensing unit and drip trays are things that will be checked when we service your unit. Depending on how often your unit is running, it will determine how often the service checks should take place. Every 12-18 months is the standard time frame.